A 6-month Hybirid
Dialysis Technologist Certificate Course
June 2022 – November, 2022
Read Carefully before you Apply
The Dialysis Technologist Profession (Renal Physiologist)
As renal failure continues to be a growing international health problem, kidney disease is driving the growing demand for well-trained dialysis technicians. Dialysis technologists are employed in hospitals, diagnostics centers, and other medical facilities where dialysis treatment is carried out on patients. The number of dialysis technologists has the potential to increase in the coming years. Most technologist training has historically been done on-the-job, today’s healthcare institutions are seeking to employ well-trained technologists who possess the necessary knowledge and skills to fill this growing number of positions.
The Dialysis Technologist (Renal Physiologist) Program
This Dialysis Technologist (Renal Physiologist) Program provides students with the knowledge needed to perform as a dialysis technologist. The program will review renal dialysis machines, and review equipment maintenance. This Dialysis Technologist (Renal Physiologist) program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties required of dialysis technologist.
This course will cover the following areas and topics:
- Specific procedures to operate renal dialysis machines
- Equipment maintenance
- Monitoring water treatment and maintenance of RO machine
- Skills to monitor and record a patient’s vital signs pre/intra/post dialysis.
- Assessment of patients for any complications that occur during a procedure.
- Aspiring dialysis technologists, Clinical Physiologist (Renal), other Basic Medical Science Graduates, and relevant allied health professionals.
Detailed Course Information:
- Knowledge and use of aseptic techniques and standard precautions.
- Renal physiology and the pathophysiology of renal failure
- How to perform and record physical measurements including weight and vital signs
- Principles of hemodialysis and hematological aspects
- Dialyzer, dialysate and delivery systems
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Composition of dialysate solution
- Anticoagulation and heparin administration
- Handling of hazardous materials
Regions Dialysis Technologist (Renal Physiologist) Certificate Program
Course Code: RSN/UNN-DT 22
Program Duration: 6 Months
- Registration fee: ₦10,000
- Student Tuition: ₦195,000
- Certificate Fee: ₦5,000