Apply Now to Join our WorkForce at Regions Healthcare
Regions Stroke and Neuro Science Hospital is a world class health care centre for stroke, epilepsy and other neurological problems. We are located in Owerri, along Owerri-Port Harcourt Express way. Our hospital is equipped with state of the art medical care facilities. Our intensive and multidisciplinary approach to patient care, has earned us a five star rating in the region.
Our Accounts department is responsible for the day to day financial operations of the hospital with over four (4) Accounts Officers currently in the unit.
We seek to hire a Senior Accountant with over 5 years’ experience working in a large organization, to manage the department and also bring hands-on expertise for improved operations of the unit. Our expectation is for a Senior Accountant who will oversee as follows:
- Create and analyze liability, asset, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports
- Comply with all federal, state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures
- Introduction of effective audit system by implementing new policies and procedures in the finance department
- Focus on tax compliance, state business registration, contract review, and non-profit tax filing
- Play a vital part in the company’s financial management which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
- Involvement in business registration, tax compliance and creating, distributing, and reporting tax datasheets.
- Working knowledge of non-profit tax filing and tax compliance as it pertains to state and federal level regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a leadership role and supervise up to five junior-level subordinates
- Experience in budget creation for the finance department to coordinate team training
- Thorough understanding of financial application security ensuring that all financial data is secure and complies with confidentiality policies
- Must be an outstanding communicator, and have established skills in accuracy, organization, and working in a high-volume environment
- Demonstrated ability to support all other departments within the company and coordinate training and information sessions.